Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) List of Clients to Sync longer than the screen. (Read 12125 times)
Steve
Re: List of Clients to Sync longer than the screen.
Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Thanks Jerry!

Yes, it appears to be working.  I have a nice short list that fits on the screen.

Now I'll move forward and set this up.  I certainly hope this is the solution I've been looking for.  It certainly looks like it could be.

Really appreciate your customer service. Smiley

All the Best,
Steve

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 5:47am
Print Post  
BookMacster 1.22.35, which should work for you, has just been published.  To get it, launch whatever BookMacster you have and click in the menu: BookMacster > Check for Update.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Steve
Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Thanks Jerry,

I look forward to the bug fix because after spending sometime cleaning up my keychain, I still have more than the screen will allow.

All the Best,
Steve

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Sorry, I had mis-guessed the problem.  As it turns out, the screen can also be filled by too many Google, Delicious, Pinboard or Diigo accounts in your OS X Keychain.  To fix that:

• Activate Finder.
• Click in the menu: Go > Utilities.  A window will open.
• Find and launch the Keychain Access app.  A window will appear
• Enter “google”, "delicious", "del.icio.us", "pinboard" or "diigo" into the search field.
• Select undesired accounts and hit the ‘delete’ key.

I've entered a bug into our tracker indicating that our apps should be fixed to handle this rare but reasonable situation more gracefully.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Steve
Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 12:41am
Print Post  
When I go to "persons" in Chrome.  I only have 1.  But when I open BookMacster I have 1 from Chrome, 2 from FireFox and 24+ from Google Bookmarks.

I sent you the screenshot earlier so you can see for yourself.  Some don't have any identity, some have complete email addresses, some have partial email, some have no identity at all.

Thanks again for your help!
Steve

IP Logged

Steve
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Hello Jerry,

Sorry for the slow reply.  I had to put this on the back burner for awhile.

I'll email you the screen shot now and to answer your premptive question, no I did not know I had so many, but I did know I had quite a few since I do work for many people and login several different ways.  However, I really only need bookmarks for myself.  I'll look at the links you suggested and see if I can't clean things up.

Thanks again,
Steve

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Oh, and to head off the next question, if BookMacster is indicating that you have, say, 15 Firefox profiles or 15 Chrome profiles, did you know that you have that many, and do you need them?   If not, the solution is to do delete the unwanted profiles.  Regular users have one profile.  Some developers have two or three.

Here are some helpful links:

Manage profiles in Firefox
Manage profiles, aka Persons in Chrome/Canary/Chromium

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Hello again, Steve.

Indeed, BookMacster does list one Client for each browser and each profile you have, and we don't expect that to be more than a few and it could run off the screen in a contrived situation.  But I've never seen it happen in real life.  Please email to me those screenshot(s) you have.  If they are too big to email, use our File Uploader and send me an email so I'll know to download them.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Steve
List of Clients to Sync longer than the screen.
Feb 23rd, 2015 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Hello again,

I'm trying to setup BookMacster for the first time and the list of Clients goes off the bottom of the screen on my MacBook Pro, which is the computer I would like to make my bridge.
(I would paste a image, but since this is only my second post, I'm not allowed to do so.)

Not sure if I need to setup clients or not yet anyway, see my other post about understanding "Central Store". (I would paste a link, but since this is only my second post, I'm not allowed to do so.)

Thanks again in advance for your help!
Steve

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint