Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wrong Bookmark being saved in Firefox (Read 8429 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Wrong Bookmark being saved in Firefox
Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 4:38am
Print Post  
We've now published BookMacster 1.22.43 and Markster 1.22.43 which resolves this issue.  They are available on our beta channel.  One may get them as explained in this link.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2015 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Our investigation concluded this is issue is due to a bug that was introduced in a recent BookMacster version, as a side effect of accommodating a change in Chrome.  We have now fixed the bug in the lab.

You need us to get the fix into the next version of BookMacster and release it.  We shall post here when that is done.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Jerry,

OK, just let me know what you find. I may give the "Add Quickly" and "Add & Inspect" a try.

Firefox ESR (stands for Extended Support Release) is a version that is intended to be deployed by an IT department. Primarily schools, corporations, government, etc. That is the extent of my knowledge  Roll Eyes but you can read more here.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

Regards

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2015 at 4:14am
Print Post  
Hello, spaceman.

I just reproduced the problem.  We'll have to look into it.  In the meantime, you could install the "Add Quickly" and "And & Inspect" menu items into Firefox and use them.  Click BookMacster's Preferences > Adding to see what I mean, then the "Go there" button.

By the way, what is Firefox "ESR 31.7.0".  It must be really old.  Firefox production release is now at version 39 and the Developer (preview) edition is 41.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
Wrong Bookmark being saved in Firefox
Jul 15th, 2015 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
When using Firefox ESR 31.7.0 and I attempt to create a new bookmark using the "Add Here" feature of the BookMaster menu item, I either see an error message or the wrong web link is displayed in the drop down, depending on where I am trying to save. BookMacster does not appear to be refreshing the web link info. I can create the bookmark but it is not for the page I am on but rather what appears to be cached.

However, when using Safari, everything works fine. As an example:

When in Safari, I browse to Apple.com. If I then click on the BookMacster menu item, the second item down (under "Mini Search") will be "Add 'Apple' To".

However, if I then switch to Firefox, change to any other website, and then click on the menu item, I see the warning "Please Check Add-on in BookMacster > Manager Browser Add-ons"

When doing that, I can perform a test of the Firefox extension and the test results show a checkmark and say "323 (OK) (Loaded).

However, if I select a subfolder under the Menu item, instead of seeing the error, it says "Add Here: Apple" (the web location that was last visited using Safari). So, it appears that BookMacster is not getting the web address from Firefox.

Any suggestions on what to do.

Regards,

John
I am running Mac OS 10.9.5 and BookMaster 1.22.42.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint