Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is "McAfee Secure" supposed to be in the update (Read 5503 times)
Rick
Re: Is "McAfee Secure" supposed to be in the update
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Alright, thank you for the feedback. Just being cautious.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Is "McAfee Secure" supposed to be in the update
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Thank you for contacting us, Rick.

The short answer is: Whoops, ignore it.

Longer answer is that our site is hosted on a really cheap hosting plan, for which our web host is keen to "upsell" us additional products and services.  Recently they offered a promotion on this "McAfee Secure" mark, with the offer that it would be free for the first 500 site visitors each month, then would stop unless we paid for it.  Last month it lasted 1-2 days, this month 4-5 days.  I thought it was supposed to appear in the address bar of your browser.  Maybe since the Sparkle Updater Web View which displays our Update News does not have an address bar, it puts it in the body of the page.

Anyhow, this gives me a second reason to turn off the free trial, after the first reason which is their annoying sales pitch which appears in a popover whenever I log into our site's control panel.  Now I just have to get around to it before September 1  Wink

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Rick
Is "McAfee Secure" supposed to be in the update
Aug 5th, 2015 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
I have noticed in the update install window for 1.22.43 there is now a animated "McAfee Secure" emblem. Is this supposed to be there? Has it always been there and I just missed it. Since I don't use McAfee products on my computer I just want to make sure this is normal. I'll just push the update to remind for later until I hear back.
Thanks-

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint