Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Chrome extension keeps getting disabled (Read 18454 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Chrome extension keeps getting disabled
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Hello, NeoDoc.

Thank you for contacting us.  Well, that is quite annoying.  I just uninstalled, reinstalled and tested our Chrome extension in both Chrome 46 (the current version) and Chrome 48 (a future version) and it did not give me any such crap, other than the Not from Chrome web store. And it works perfectly.

I understand that, a couple years ago, Google began requiring all extensions installed into Chrome running under Microsoft Windows to go through their store, but the last blog post I can find indicates that there are no plans to apply this restriction to OS X.

I wonder if maybe you've set Chrome into some kind of extra-safe mode, with parental controls on, or something like that?  In the upper left of your screenshot there is a popover with a hyperlink to "Learn More".  Please click that hyperlink in Chrome and tell us what you "learn".  If it opens a web page, send us the URL.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

NeoDoc
Ex Member
Chrome extension keeps getting disabled
Nov 15th, 2015 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Greetings all. I am new to BookMacster and it looks like the possible solution to syncing my bookmarks for all my browsers. I am using the one bridge Mac set up.

I am having trouble, however, getting the Chrome extensions to work. I have two Chrome profiles, and I was initially able to install the extensions, and when tested, they passed. However, with use, they appear to get disabled by Chrome. When I check on "Manage Browers Add-ons" they appear uninstalled, although they appear installed but disabled in Chrome. I have attached screenshots showing the problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice on fixing this.
Bob

BookMacster_Error.png ( 186 KB | 435 Downloads )
BookMacster_Error.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint