Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic HELP: Safari unusable after first sync (Read 3901 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: HELP: Safari unusable after first sync
Reply #3 - May 13th, 2019 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Frank-Christian Kruegel wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 6:49pm:
Sorry, my system is set to German language.
Grin  Sofort beenden!  I took a good guess then Smiley

I managed to get it working after removing full disk access, rebooting and reenabling full disk access for BookMacster again. Don't know what went wrong.
Truly, I don't think this had anything to do with BookMacster.

PS: Some texts are really hard to read in dark mode, e.g. the purple text "Your licence is valid..." or a text box with black text on dark grey background (don't remember where).
I see.  That is in the License Info window.  Not good if you have a dark highlight color.  I made a note for us to fix that in the next version.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Frank-Christian Kruegel
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2019 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Sorry, my system is set to German language.

I managed to get it working after removing full disk access, rebooting and reenabling full disk access for Bookmacster again. Don't know what went wrong.

PS: Some texts are really hard to read in dark mode, e.g. the purple text "Your licence is valid..." or a text box with black text on dark grey background (don't remember where).

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2019 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Hello, Frank.

Thank you for contacting us.  By emergency exit I think you mean you Force Quit.  I have no idea what happened, but I would expect Safari to work OK again after a force quit and relaunch.  If that does not work, does restarting the computer fix it?  Some Safari components operate on the system level.  If that does not fix it, tell me – in System Preferences > iCloud, is the Safari checkbox on?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Frank-Christian Kruegel
HELP: Safari unusable after first sync
May 12th, 2019 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Please Help.

System: New Mac Mini 2018 with current Mojave. Used  an old 2011 Mini before. Fresh Copy of Bookmacster just downloaded and installed. Current Firefox with brower addons installed.

Firefox syncs my Mac with a Win10 PC, so it it Import only. Safari is Export only, just for pushing out bookmarks to my IOS devices via the cloud.

I did my first sync. Seemed to work. I start Safari. Safari seems to work. The address bar works, but the whole rest of the app is unusable. I cannot scroll, I cannot click links, I cannot close the windows, I cannot even close the Safari app exect with the emergency exit in the Apple menu. All actions only cause a "bubb" sound.

What went wrong?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint