Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Opera launches by itself (Read 3165 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Opera launches by itself
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Hello, nerval.

Thank you for contacting us.

It is indeed our app BookMacster or Synkmark which launches Opera momentarily to copy bookmark changes into Opera.

For other browsers, if you have BookMacster, you can adjust a setting setting to not launch browsers to coordinate syncing.  Unfortunately, a year or so ago we removed this feature for Opera because a change in Opera's design made it impossible for us to export changes to Opera while Opera was not running.

To reduce the annoyance, the alternatives at this time are to either (1) switch of the "Export" checkbox for Opera in the browser/clients list, and export to Opera manually when needed or (2) make Opera a Login Item and leave it running in the background all of the time.  Alternative (1) makes sense if you do not use Opera very much, and alternative (2) makes sense if you use Opera regularly.

In a future version, we would like to maybe give you a preference setting to "hold changes until browser is launched".  There might be some issues with that, the most notable is that if you have Opera on a second device (iOS or another Mac) and are using Opera Sync for bookmarks, your changes will not reach the other device until you launch Opera and let our app do its syncing on the first device.  But, any case, the work to add this preference is not yet scheduled.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

nerval
Opera launches by itself
Dec 24th, 2019 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Using the latest version of BookMacster with Catalina 10.15.2 every time I add a bookmark or delete one, I think, one of the clients, Opera, launches. Why and how can I stop this? Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint