Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Kitchen Sink didn't work (Read 3182 times)
BruceInLouisville
Re: Kitchen Sink didn't work
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2021 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Took some tries, but I think it's working now. At first, the agent wasn't loading, but the status said it had access to Safari bookmarks. So, I figured the full-disk access was good. I then tried a full Import followed by an Export, and the Export bombed.

Turned out in the process of doing a Reset and Start Over, I had somehow created a collection of duplicate folders in Chrome that were empty. Safari won't allow empty folders in bookmarks. So, once I cleaned up the BMCO file, I tried again with the full Export, and once that completed, syncing changed from the white minus to the yellow bar, and all was ready to go.

Thanks for your help!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Kitchen Sink didn't work
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2021 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Hello, Bruce.

Thank you for contacting us.  I've retested the steps and rewrote some of them to make things more clear; also I've added an unconditional system Restart to the steps, because we've recently found restarts to be beneficial on stubborn systems.  At your convenience, please carefully try the now improved Throw the kitchen sink at Full Disk Access procedure, and tell me if it still fails.  Indicate if you did the More than the Kitchen Sink section.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

BruceInLouisville
Kitchen Sink didn't work
Oct 1st, 2021 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I started getting the error about the agent not having access to Safari bookmarks after updating to Big Sur 11.6.

Went through the first solution page, then the Kitchen Sink page. Sync status still reports "Bkmx agent does not have access to Safari bookmarks." I confirmed this by deleting two bookmarks in Safari; the changes have not propagated.

I used "Reset and Start Over," and that has not worked either.

Both Bookmacster and Bkmx Agent have full disk access.

At this point, I am out of ideas. Thoughts?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint