Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How do I open my (only) bookmark file at startup (Read 2430 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: How do I open my (only) bookmark file at startup
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2022 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Well, I tested this a couple times, starting with BookMacster version 2.12.8, and the Automatically open this document when BookMacster launches setting was properly migrated – When I launched BookMacster 3 for the first time, it opened that document, and of course migrated its data.

So, I cannot explain why it did not work for Mick.  But since we only do this particular migration once in a lifetime, we shall just say sorry I can't explain this and move on.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: How do I open my (only) bookmark file at startup
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2022 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Hello, Mick.

Thank you for contacting us.

In the .bmco document window, click the tab: Settings, then Open/Save, then switch on the top checkbox Open this document automatically when BookMacster launches.

I don't think this setting should have been wiped when upgrading from version 2 to 3, but you are the second person to report this, so I made a to-to to re-test it.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

mickjsanders
How do I open my (only) bookmark file at startup
Oct 1st, 2022 at 4:30am
Print Post  
BookMacster 2 used to open my "default" (or last-used, perhaps) bookmark file/collection whenever I started it.

With BookMacster 3 I now get 2 popup menus to navigate:

1) "Open a recent collection" [checked] + "ask what to do if nothing opens on launch" [checked].

pressing OK takes me to...

2) "Choose a collection" (with my solitary bookmarks file selected)

So, I have to press OK twice just to open BookMacster for normal operation!

If I untick "ask what to do..." on the first popup, then BookMacster opens and does nothing at all; I have to manually open my file/collection from the File menu. Even worse.

Is there a way to stop this (extremely annoying) new behaviour?

I have searched these forums with no solution. Oh, BTW, the forum site blocks me after 2 searches, saying I have issued too many POST requests in the last xxx minutes (???)

Thanks in advance for any help. M.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint