Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Unable 2 connect Safari / install Safari extension (Read 1636 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Unable 2 connect Safari / install Safari extension
Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2023 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
TREXXM wrote on Apr 16th, 2023 at 4:58pm:
Thanks Jerry, do I have to have Smarky or Synkmark or installed. I only have BookMacster on the Mac.
You need not and should install Smarky or Synkmark if you have BookMacster.

Also, I exported my Google Chrome bookmarks into a new document, and found that I was not able to locate via search a desired bookmark listed within Google Chrome Bookmark manager.
I'm not sure what you mean  Possibly we have not helped you understand the difference between import and export.  When BookMacster is the active application (its name is showing next to the apple in your menu bar), if you want to get bookmarks from Google Chrome into BookMacster, you should click in the main menu: File > Import from only > Chrome.  If a new BookMacster document was the active window when you did this, then it will import the Chrome bookmarks into the new BookMacster document.

Is there a way to import bookmarks into an existing BookMacster document
Yes.  Open your existing BookMacster document and then click in the main menu File > Import from only > whatever browser.

I attempted to import bookmarks from Google Chrome into a new BookMacster document and then perform a copy and paste from one .bmco file to another
That should work.

and update corresponding document, but as I said I could not locate the bookmarks.
Ensure that you did an Import and not an Export in BookMacster.  You can type the name of a bookmark in the Quick Search field in the toolbar and it should should show a search result including that bookmark.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

TREXXM
Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2023 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks Terry, do I have to have Smarky or Synkmark or installed. I only have BookMacster on the Mac.

Also, I exported my Google Chrome bookmarks into a new document, and found that I was not able to locate via search a desired bookmark listed within Google Chrome Bookmark manager. Is there a way to import bookmarks into an existing BookMacster document, it seems to import the entire contact of the file. I attempted to import bookmarks from Google Chrome into a new BookMacster document and then perform a copy and paste from one .mbco file to another and update corresponding document, but as I said I could not locate the bookmarks.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2023 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Hello again, TREXXM.

Please check out our Top Reasons for Syncing Trouble, in particular #1, and maybe #12-14.

If none of that resolves the issue, run BookMacster, click in the menu BookMacster > Show Syncing Status, copy the report which appears to the clipboard and send to us.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

TREXXM
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2023 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Jerry, thank you for the reply. I setup most of the software and learned how to use Clients. The sync extension were installed on Brave.

Question: How do I automatically enable sync between Brave - BookMacster. I added a set of new bookmarks within Brave, and the changes are not present in BookMacster

1. Sync active.
2. Existing Brave export performed.
3. Added new bookmarks within Brave
4. Opened BookMacster

5. No import performed within 5 minutes
6. Bookmarks added from (3) have not been populated / imported into my BookMacster document.

=======

The last 2 items were not performed automatically. What am I missing in the software so bookmarks are automatically imported and then exported to Brave (or additional clients) automatically from my Mac?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2023 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Hello, TREXXM.

Thank you for contacting us.  BookMacster must handle Safari differently than the other browsers.  We do not have a Safari extension.  Instead, we access Safari bookmarks using some reverse engineering.  But the last time I checked, which was, I admit, a long time ago, in macOS 13, BookMacster's syncing (import, merge and export) with Safari should just work.

In the use case you described, you will also need to use the built-in syncing in Brave, Edge and/or Google Chrome, as described here.  In setting this up, be careful not to create a Sync Loop!

A couple of footnotes:

• For future reference, in macOS 10.14 and later, syncing with Safari requires that you grant BookMacster and maybe its BkmxAgent Full Disk Access, as described here.)

• We would all be much happier if Apple would provide us the hooks so that a Safari extension could access bookmarks as the other browsers' extensions do.  You can read about that here.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

TREXXM
Unable 2 connect Safari / install Safari extension
Apr 15th, 2023 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
I downloaded Bookmacster 2.11.8 on Mac, Brave browser extension was connected to Bookmacster.

Upon review of the help and resource material on SheepSystems.com, I remained unable to locate reference, material, or a download to connect with Safari. The object of my use with Bookmacster is to sync Safari /iCloud with my alternative brewers, at this point, I'm primarily using Brave or Google Chrome as alternatives. However, on my Windows computer I tend to use Microsoft Edge or a Chromium-based browser. I primarily use an iPhone as my mobile device with Safari, unless I am using an Android, in which I primarily use Google Chrome. The aim of my Bookmacster use is to Sync present and new bookmark additions between different browsers between devices and browsers, with a focus between Safari (iCloud Sync) and my desktop/laptop browsers. There was no direct iCloud sync feature, yet hoping I could indirectly sync my bookmarks with SheepSystems software for Mac.

–I need assistance setting-up the program to use between my devices with a focus between Safari, Brave, and Microsoft Edge. An extension for Edge was not located on sheepsytems.com.

Code
Select All
Mac Operating System: High Sierra (10.13.6)
Bookmacster: 2.11.8 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint