Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sync with different browser (Read 1010 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Sync with different browser
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2023 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Hello, Andrew.

Thank you for contacting us.

I cannot immediately think of any reason why such a syncing setup would not work, except that such a setup has probably never been tested before.  I'm going to need to think about this.

To get me started, tell me why are you using the Choose File > Advanced menu item instead of simply choosing the browser and profile from one of the upper menu items?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

AndrewT
Sync with different browser
Jul 27th, 2023 at 9:48am
Print Post  
How to connect Bookmacster to another browser on Chromium?
I'm trying to choose a client to sync Choose File (advanced), Chromiun or Edge, but the sync isn't working properly.
If I just copy the bookmarks file from Edge to another browser, then the other browser picks it up and displays the bookmarks, but if I set up synchronization, then BookMacster creates a bookmarks file with an incorrect structure and after synchronizing and starting another browser, the browser resets all bookmarks.
I looked at the structure of the Edge file and the one that bookmacster creates through the Choose File (advanced) setting. They differ, apparently because of this, another browser does not understand the bookmarks file after synchronization and resets it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint