Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic synkmark timed out getting Safari bookmarks (Read 925 times)
random
Re: synkmark timed out getting Safari bookmarks
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2023 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Thank you.  I've sent the trouble.zip.  I am able to edit bookmarks normally in Safari.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: synkmark timed out getting Safari bookmarks
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2023 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Hello, random.

Thank you for contacting us.

First of all, ensure that you are able to edit (add, delete or move) bookmarks in Safari's main menu > BookmarksEdit Bookmarks, in other words, that Safari itself is not having any trouble with your bookmarks.

Assuming that works OK, maybe there is some edgy thing in either your Synkmark collection or Safari bookmarks which is triggering a hang in the process.  We don't know of any such things at this time.  The easiest way for you to get this fixed is to send us your data and we try to reproduce the problem.  To do that,

• Run Synkmark
• Click in the menu: Help ▸ Trouble Zipper
• For Question X (Extra Extension Tests), answer "No"
• For Question B (Bookmarks and Documents), answer "Include Bookmarks and Documents"
• In the list which appears, choose "Safari".
• In the "Please explain..." section, leave it blank unless you have more information to tell.
• Send us the resulting .zip via MailDrop, Dropbox or whatever, as instructed.  Don't use GMail since Google has been snagging .zip files more and more lately.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

random
synkmark timed out getting Safari bookmarks
Oct 19th, 2023 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
hello.  I've tried everything I can think of for this.  I've read your pinned forum topics and tried everything, I think.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, "restart and start over"'d.  I've given both the main synkmark and /Applications/Synkmark.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/BkmxAgent.app full disk access privs. I've tried disabling and enabling Safari iCloud syncing.  Synckmark is able to pull in Firefox bookmarks but gets "Error: 772041 System timed out getting Safari bookmarks" every time.  I'm running OsX 13.6 and synkmark 3.0.12.  What can I try next?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint