Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sorting folders and bookmarks separately manually? (Read 222 times)
Patrick S.
Re: Sorting folders and bookmarks separately manually?
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2024 at 12:15am
Print Post  
OK, great! I'll try your last recommendation since I want some folders sorted alphabetically but others by date or manual.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Sorting folders and bookmarks separately manually?
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2024 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
The sorting commands in the contextual menu are a quick and dirty feature for one-off use.  I believe, as you say, that they do not respect your Sorting Settings.

The "workaround" would be to use the command in the main menu: Bookmarks > Sort All, which should respect your Sorting Settings.  Of course, as the name imples, this will sort all of the folders in your 10K bookmarks Collection.  So before you do this, you should verify that the Soring Settings are as you desire for your entire Collection.

If you really want to sort only this one folder, you'll need  more complicated workaround.  In the .bmco document window tab Settings > Sorting, top section, set folders to defaualtl to Don't sort, and then, using the contextual menu on your target folder, set it to Will be sorted.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Patrick S.
Sorting folders and bookmarks separately manually?
Jul 20th, 2024 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Hi, new user here! As I’m now doing the initial organizing of 10K bookmarks in Bookmacster, in order to 'start over' in hopes to solve some iCloud Safari bookmarks syncing issues, I don’t want to sort (or sync) anything automatically yet. But when I do a manual sort on a folder, by right-clicking ‘Sort now, by name’, it sorts all items in that folder alphabetically even though Settings are set to sort by name “into two segments, folders first then bookmarks”. Any way around this, as I want folders on top?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint