Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dual window drag-and-drop? (Read 388 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Dual window drag-and-drop?
Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2024 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
BookMacster's .bmco documents are macOS documents which "only open once",  I think this has been a "feature" of macOS since year 1984.  What you want would be to have a "dual" outline browser.  I have noted that as a feature request.

At this time, you could do something like click in the main menu: File > Duplicate to get a new document with the same settings and Content, and then maybe, or maybe not depending on your plan, activate one of them and click in the main menu: Bookmarks > Delete all content, then drag stuff in from the other one.

Or you could reconsider using BookMacster's contextual menu items Copy to… and Move to….  It is a little more abstract and not as visual as the dual browser, but it will do the same thing if you can get the hang of it.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Patrick S.
Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2024 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Thanks! But I since I want to organize bookmarks within the same .bmco document, can I still open two windows of the same document. I tried but nothing happens. If there's a way to do it, please let me know. And if it's not, could I achieve the same goal by using two different .bmco documents somehow since you can drag and drop between those at least?
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2024 at 11:43am by Patrick S. »  

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2024 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Yes, if you have two .bmco document windows, you may drag and drop between them.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Patrick S.
Dual window drag-and-drop?
Jul 20th, 2024 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
When organizing files or folders in the Finder, it’s very helpful to be able to drag and drop between two separate windows. Can I do the same in Bookmacster? Moving bookmarks around in the Content window with your mouse or through the contextual menus is quite tedious when you have a lot of folders and long lists of bookmarks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint