Trouble Zipper (Recommended)
The easiest way to send us data is to use our Trouble Zipper.
If you have Smarky, Synkmark, Markster or BookMacster, you can launch that app and click in the menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper. Otherwise, download it manually and then double-click to run the Sheep Systems Trouble Zipper after it unzips.
The Trouble Zipper gathers preferences files and crash reports for Sheep Systems' apps, a mini system profile, any message sent to your system console log which has the name of one of our apps in it, and optionally, if you "OK" it, relevant document and bookmarks files.
- Editing the Bookmarkshelf in BookMacster, delete the folders or bookmarks which you want to redact. To redact all items, in the menu, click Bookmarkshelf ▸ Delete All Content.
- In the menu click either File ▸ Duplicate (Lion) or File ▸ Save As (Snow/Leopard).
- In the dialog, navigate to your Desktop and save it as a new .bkmslf file.
- Close the Bookmarkshelf window.
- When running Trouble Zipper, when asked to identify troublesome Bookmarkshelf files, choose the redacted version.
The Actual Sending
If the .zip file does not exceed the size that your email provider will send (10 MB is pretty safe), you may attach it to your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you may upload it directly to our Dropbox.