Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Setting up new Bookmarkshelf causes error (Read 5164 times)
FatalError
Ex Member
Re: Setting up new Bookmarkshelf causes error
Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Good idea to drop the filename suggestions. Much too complicated and too long imo. Just let the users use their brains and have a nice name that fits.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Yes, actually there were two bugs.  The first bug, which occurred under some odd circumstance, gave you no suggested name, or as you say, a plain white field.  The second bug is the one that causes failure if you don't have .bkmslf.  Bug #1 would trigger bug #2.  I'm not sure what were the odd circumstances that triggered Bug #1, but anyway all that code has been rewritten for 1.1.  We don't try to compose cute filenames like "Safari+Firefox-Opera.bkmslf" any more.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Jerry,

I understand your reply but when I create a new Bookmarkshelf, there is no .bkmslf in the area where I enter the name for it. It's just a plain white field. So I wrote a name e.g."Example1" and pressed enter. That didn't work.

So now I tried entering "Example1.bkmslf" and that worked fine.

I really would consider this a serious bug and this should be fixed somehow. But you already wrote it would be fixed in 1.1. So good work.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 11:39am
Print Post  
This is probably due to a bug which is fixes in the upcoming BookMacster 1.1. …

* Fixed a bug which would cause a New Bookmarkshelf to be written as two files, neither of which was complete, if the user deleted the default filename extension .bkmslf when specifying the filename in the Save panel.  Needless to say, neither of the incomplete files would work very well when subsequently re-opened.

To work around this bug, create the Bookmarkshelf again and be careful to not delete the .bkmslf when in the Save dialog.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Setting up new Bookmarkshelf causes error
Jul 16th, 2010 at 10:04am
Print Post  
jerry, your post at the "simple sync" thread got me to do a new setup myself since the old one didn't work. I deleted all old bookmarkshelf files and made a whole new setup. The setup goes fine but when I try to reopen BookMacster after once closed I get the following error.

I highly vote to simplify overall processing for noobs like me. It's just too confusing and very hard to setup and get it working. If that comes at the cost of only 1 bookmarkshelf  - count me in on that!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint