Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Why doesn't 'export and close' export and close? (Read 2873 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Why doesn't 'export and close' export and close?
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
sdes wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 12:02pm:
Having done a bit of bookmark sorting within BookMacster, I go to quit and get the option to 'export and close' which sounds like what I want to do.
Maybe it's what you want and maybe not.  Export exports bookmarks to web browsers Clients (Safari, etc.).  Save saves the content to the BookMacster Bookmarkshelf file.  There is a diagram showing the different in the Guide for Bookdog Grads in the Help Book.

I select it, and nothing seems to happen.  Has it exported - if so, to where?
It should export to whatever Clients you have checked ON for Export.  To see these, click in the menu SettingsClients.

Why doesn't it close?
It should definitely close the window.  I just retested this, and it works fine for me.  Possibly something you did differently than I did activated a bug that we don't know about.  If it's true that the window did not close, we'd like to see the log of what happened and fix that bug.  Please click in the menu HelpTrouble Zipper and send us the result as instructed.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sdes
Why doesn't 'export and close' export and close?
Nov 23rd, 2010 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
I'm a newbie to this, - used bookdog ages ago, but this seems more complex / sophiticated depending which side of the coin you're looking at.

Having done a bit of bookmark sorting within BookMacster, I go to quit and get the option to 'export and close' which sounds like what I want to do. I select it, and nothing seems to happen.

Has it exported - if so, to where?

Why doesn't it close?

Thanks for any pointers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint