Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Color Highlighting of Bookmarks (Read 6319 times)
Spaceman
Re: Color Highlighting of Bookmarks
Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
OK, I just found some sample code which will supposedly do that.  It's now on the list of things to do.

Great! Thanks.

Quote:
Looks like some junior programmer must have broken it recently while playing with another feature.

Don't be too hard on him.  Wink

Spaceman

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Spaceman wrote on Dec 14th, 2010 at 3:04am:
it would be nice if it could be done with a contextual menu similar to the Finder. Also like the finder, it would be nice to be able to select multiple items and then be able to apply the highlight to all of them at once.
OK, I just found some sample code which will supposedly do that.  It's now on the list of things to do.

Also, I noticed while checking this out, that if I click on a bookmark and then right-click, the option for 'Show Inspector' is grayed.
Yes, I noticed the same thing when I was checking it out.  Looks like some junior programmer must have broken it recently while playing with another feature.  I just fixed it for the next release.

P.S. I did buy the program the other day  Smiley
Thank you.  Nice reviews, recommendations and, of course, purchases are always appreciated and keep the software coming Smiley

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Ahh! I had not noticed that. This will be helpful. However  Wink it would be nice if it could be done with a contextual menu similar to the Finder. Also like the finder, it would be nice to be able to select multiple items and then be able to apply the highlight to all of them at once.

Also, I noticed while checking this out, that if I click on a bookmark and then right-click, the option for 'Show Inspector' is grayed. The menu bar selection and the Command key sequence works but the contextual menu selection does not. Am I missing something?  Huh

Regards,

Spaceman

P.S. I did buy the program the other day  Smiley

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2010 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
We added that feature, sort of, several weeks ago.  You can't change the background color but change the text color.  We thought it looked better and, well, that's how URL Manager Pro did it.  To change it, use the color well next to the name in the Inspector Panel.  It would be nice for the setting to be a contextual menu item, but if you're going to change a whole bunch of them like that you would leave the Inspector open.

What do you think now?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
Color Highlighting of Bookmarks
Dec 13th, 2010 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have another suggestion for BookMacster. Would it be possible to add the ability to highlight bookmarks in the main window with different colors. This would be similar to how, in the finder, you can right-click on a file or folder and choose a color.

Today, my work IT department made a change to our system that broke more than 30 of my bookmarks. It would be nice if I could highlight each bookmark as I fix it so that I can tell which ones still need repairing.

What do you think?

Regards,

Spaceman Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint