Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bookmacster 1.5 Crashing When I Try to Import (Read 5142 times)
Mirskyman
Re: Bookmacster 1.5 Crashing When I Try to Import
Reply #3 - May 25th, 2011 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Jerry, glad I could help and thanks again for the license!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2011 at 4:58am
Print Post  
The crash has been fixed in BookMacster version 1.5.1 which is now available in "Check for Update" in BookMacster's menu.

A coupon code has been emailed to Mirsky.  We're open to hear from URL Manager Pro users or any users regarding your priorities for making BookMacster better.  (But not on this page - please start a new thread/subject.)

Most of the last 6 months we've spent under the hood, working on our Firefox and Chrome extensions.  It has been really nice to do some Macintosh programming the last couple days!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2011 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Mirskyman wrote on May 24th, 2011 at 10:38pm:
Hi. I don't own Bookmacster yet but I'm trying it again because it was just updated to version 1.5.
Thank you for the report, Mirsky.  Don't buy BookMacster because our policy is that anyone who reports a reproducible crashing bug gets a coupon code for a free license after we've fixed it.  And I just reproduced your crash.

I have been using URL Manager Pro but I'd like to eventually switch to Bookmacster because URL Manager Pro is still using PowerPC code. Howeverm I still like some of the features in URL Manager Pro better, which is why I haven't switched yet.
BookMacster 1.5 has some improvements designed to win over people like you.  There are still more things to do, but after this crash is fixed you should be happier with it.  Our goal is to win you over before Mac OS 10.7 is released and makes you toss all those PowerPC apps.

I tried to delete all Bookmacster-related files on my Mac and ran the program again but I got the same problem each time.
Just some advice to the readers.  No app should ever crash, or unexpectedly quit as it's called.  Unless you've hacked your system somehow, an app crashing is always the fault of the app.  If an app crashes, don't delete files, set them aside and send them to the developer.  They're often helpful  Wink

But I don't need your files for this one.  I'll get back to this thread after the crash is fixed.  Thanks again.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Mirskyman
Bookmacster 1.5 Crashing When I Try to Import
May 24th, 2011 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Hi. I don't own Bookmacster yet but I'm trying it again because it was just updated to version 1.5. I have been using URL Manager Pro but I'd like to eventually switch to Bookmacster because URL Manager Pro is still using PowerPC code. Howeverm I still like some of the features in URL Manager Pro better, which is why I haven't switched yet.

Anyway, I downloaded Bookmacster 1.5 to try it out and selected "Quick Import" and then "Choose File Advanced." Then, before I could select a type of file, Bookmacster crashed.

I tried to delete all Bookmacster-related files on my Mac and ran the program again but I got the same problem each time.

I have also tried previous versions of Bookmacster and had no crashing problems.

I'm not that knowledgable about using the Console but maybe there is a way I can post the errors that might be appearing there.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint