Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Problems with Firefox 5.0? (Read 5132 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Problems with Firefox 5.0?
Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
This issue is resolved in BookMacster 1.5.8 which has just been released to production.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
My prediction of doom was correct.  Two days later, we finally got it working.  Will publish a BookMacster udpate later today, after tests are complete.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2011 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Well, the good news is that our extensions for Firefox 5, Firefox 6 and Firefox 7 (which is all the Mozilla has available now) built with no errors or warnings.  The bad news is that when things start out that good in this business, it usually means you're headed for a major disaster  Cheesy.  Will quit for today, before something bad happens.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2011 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Unfortunately, Mozilla requires that extensions using XPCOM components be rebuilt for each Firefox version, and the latest BookMacster only supports Firefox 3.6-4.  Also, they had a bug in building the SDK for Mac, and just fixed it last week.  We've got it and are working on it now.  Theoretically it should only take a few hours to rebuild with the new SDK, but based on past experience with the Mozilla SDKs, I'm not making any predictions.  I'll post again here tomorrow or whenever we've got a feel for how it's going.

I think the old BookMacsterize bookmarklet should still work, though.  But I'll take your word for it and we'll look into that later.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Mirskyman
Problems with Firefox 5.0?
Jun 23rd, 2011 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Hi. I just upgraded to the latest version of Firefox and now when I choose the "Add Quickly" or "Add Quickly and Inspect" or the BookMacterize bookmarklet, nothing happens. Maybe something else is causing the problem, but I think it's the upgrade.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint