Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chrome imported changes not showing up in BM (Read 3726 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Chrome imported changes not showing up in BM
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
addiva wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:40pm:
I FINALLY got rid of those thousands of duplicate bookmarks in Safari
Oh, good.  I had been worried that you had given up on your bookmarks, given up on iCloud, and decided to become one of those people that expect Google to remember everything for them  Wink

addiva wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:40pm:
when I import the Chrome file into BM, I still see some of the bookmarks and folders I deleted in Chrome. … So how do I force the correct info from Chrome into my BM file?? Is it something besides "Import?" … Created a new agent in "Advanced" and set command to "Import: ALL Clients
Well, that should work, but let's try it another way, using some less-well-known commands which are more appropriate.

I understand that all the bookmarks you want are now in Chrome, and you want BookMacster to have these same bookmarks, and those bookmarks only.
  • Activate your Bookmarkshelf Document in BookMacster.
  • Click in the menu: BookmarkshelfDelete all Content.
  • Verify that the Content is empty, and that the Name column header indicates zero bookmarks (0▐) .
  • Click in the menu: FileImport from one ClientChrome
  • Select a Normal Import (although since you've already deleted all Content, the Overlay should give the same result).
After the import completes, I assure you that your Bookmarkshelf Document will contain only items that were imported from Chrome.

Let us know how that goes.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2012 at 7:21pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

addiva
Chrome imported changes not showing up in BM
Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
I FINALLY got rid of those thousands of duplicate bookmarks in Safari and I am cleaning up Chrome. I am only importing data from Chrome right now until I get things organized the way I want them.

Problem is: when I import the Chrome file into BM, I still see some of the bookmarks and folders I deleted in Chrome. I have done this reorganization three times now and am losing patience. Tried rebooting Chrome but still no changed in the BM data. I am NOT exporting the "wrong" files from BM into Chrome (again, more duplication of my effort). So how do I force the correct info from Chrome into my BM file?? Is it something besides "Import?"

Maybe I have some setting wrong? Created a new agent in "Advanced" and set command to "Import: ALL Clients" (Chrome is the only client until I get this fixed).

Help? Ideas? Corrections?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint