Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Bookmacster keeps reinstalling Chrome extension (Read 8633 times)
Eugene
Re: Bookmacster keeps reinstalling Chrome extension
Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Thanks, looking forward to trying it again when it's ready. And while you're are at it can you please check why I am not getting e-mail notifications for your forum replies? I have notifications enabled for this thread.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Thank you, Eugene.

Because we've already ripped out the part of BookMacster that installs the Chrome Extension, and are now testing the new version which uses the new installation method required by Google Chrome version 21 and later, I'm not going to pursue this any further.  I'll make sure that the new version gets tested installing the Chrome extension on a non-admin account, and we'll let you know here when this next BookMacster update is available.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Eugene
Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:40am:
Make sure you've got the latest BookMacster version, 1.11.4. 

checked

Quote:
Then, please activate BookMacster and click in the menu: BookMacster ▸ Manage Browser Add-Ons.  There are buttons to Install, Uninstall and Test the Chrome extension.  Does the Chrome extension test OK, and if not can you get it going with Uninstall - Install?

After uninstalling and installing it initially it says "101 (OK) 81 (OK)". When I click "Test" is says "No response from Chrome".

Jerry Krinock wrote on Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:12am:
A couple other things …

Are you sure that you're running Chrome 19? 

sure

Quote:
I notice that your unix user ID is 502 instead of the usual 501.  Does 502 have admin privileges?

No, my user account doesn't have admin privileges. I have a separate administrator account.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:12am
Print Post  
A couple other things …

• Are you sure that you're running Chrome 19?  Our Chrome extension will not install into Chrome 21, currently on the beta track, because the Chrome team is changing the game.  We're plan to fix that in the next update.  Also, Chrome 20, I think, is introducing user profiles.  There could be a profile mixup.
  • I notice that your unix user ID is 502 instead of the usual 501.  Does 502 have admin privileges?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Hello, Eugene.

I can't quite make any sense out of that behavior and error message.

Make sure you've got the latest BookMacster version, 1.11.4.  Then, please activate BookMacster and click in the menu: BookMacster ▸ Manage Browser Add-Ons.  There are buttons to Install, Uninstall and Test the Chrome extension.  Does the Chrome extension test OK, and if not can you get it going with Uninstall - Install?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:13am
Print Post  
I'll try some stuff and get back to you in a few minutes.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Eugene
Bookmacster keeps reinstalling Chrome extension
Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:02am
Print Post  
I downloaded BookMacster to evaluate it for a possible Xmarks replacement. Initially, I decided to test it locally between Chrome (19.0.1084.56) and Safari. Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the Chrome extension.

Every time I do import or export from BookMacster, if Chrome is running, it requests to quit Chrome and install the extension, even though it is already installed.

When I tried setting up sync agents, I got the following error in the Console log:
[code]
6/17/12 5:33:11.953 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: (com.sheepsystems.BookMacster.B39A11D8-7DFE-44E6-BE44-6C68EF6418D2.000.000) Bug: launchd_core_logic.c:5193 (25693):2
6/17/12 5:33:11.953 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502: (com.sheepsystems.BookMacster.B39A11D8-7DFE-44E6-BE44-6C68EF6418D2.000.000) Path monitoring failed on "/Users/eugene/Library/Application Support/BookMacster/Changes/Detected/Chrome": No such file or directory[/code]
The Application Support/BookMacster directory does not contain "Changes" folder.
I have Xmarks extension in Chrome, but the problem persists even if I disable it.
Any ideas?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint