Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BookMacster crash (Read 6186 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: BookMacster crash
Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2013 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
I love Crash Reports because, 95% of the time Mac OS X puts information in there which empowers us to determine the cause and fix a bug.  Unfortunately, this particular report was one of the 5% that points at a haystack instead of a needle.  The bug may even be in Mac OS X.

Let us know if it happens again.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2013 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Yes.  Quit BookMacster.

Thanks for the Crash Report!  We're analyzing it now.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

richardjames
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2013 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Jerry thanks, SO I can quit Bookmaster and the syncing will occur in the background, right?

Also, here is the crash log zipped.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2013 at 7:01am
Print Post  
richardjames wrote on Oct 28th, 2013 at 6:36am:
I had the apple message window come up saying that BookMacster had quit unexpectedly. Would that be due to my action (closing the window after setting it to sync)?
Hello again, Richard.  No, you didn't do anything wrong.  No app should ever crash.  When you have a few minutes, please send us either the crash report or, preferably a Trouble Zip which will include any crash reports and other data of your choosing. 

richardjames wrote on Oct 28th, 2013 at 6:36am:
Also, do I need to leave BookMacster running to sync or does it set that up as a background process that will continue if I quit BM?
For syncing applications, it is best to leave BookMacster quit.  Agents are not background processes.  Instead, they are triggered by Mac OS X whenever bookmarks are changed.  They run for a few seconds, do their sync thing, and then terminate themselves.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

richardjames
BookMacster crash
Oct 28th, 2013 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Hi, After setting BookMacster to sync (to and from Safari) I closed the window. A few seconds later I had the apple message window come up saying that BookMacster had quit unexpectedly. Would that be due to my action (closing the window after setting it to sync)?

Also, do I need to leave BookMacster running to sync or does it set that up as a background process that will continue if I quit BM?

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint