Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Can't add new soft folder (Read 12364 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Can't add new soft folder
Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Thank you, berkely.

I see it.  I believe it.  I just can't figure out how you do it.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

berkeley
Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Here's a screen shot with Quick Search activated, although it's sort of irrelevant.  Thanks again, and thanks in advance for letting me know by email if you post.

IP Logged

berkeley
Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Thanks for letting me know that you posted a message.  I never got notification from the forum.

I tried out what you said, but the "Add Soft Folder" choice was grayed-out whether or not the Quick Search text box was activated or not.  I'm including a screen shot here (Quick Search not activated).  Thanks so much!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Yes, I've had people tell me that the forum's notifications don't always work, but have been unable to reproduce the problem.

Anyhow, back to the issue.  I spent some time testing this the other day and found that the Add Soft Folder item in the main menu is always enabled for me, unless the Quick Search text box has "keyboard focus", when means that I've clicked in it and it has a blue "focus ring" around it.  The screenshot you posted does not go far enough to the right to see if that was the case with you.  Please test that when you get a chance, and if the menu item is disabled when the Quick Search does not have keyboard focus, please post a screenshot showing both the disabled menu item and the Quick Search field.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

berkeley
Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
By the way, I don't seem to get notifications of replies to this topic, although I do have the "Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic" box checked. So, if you don't hear back from me via the forum, maybe you can send me the message to my email (which I think you have from when I purchased BookMacster). If that's a pain, then sorry in advance, and you don't need to bother. But I might not answer right away through the Forum!  Thank you again.

IP Logged

berkeley
Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Yes, it seems like a bug; I've been adding soft folders through the Selection drop-down menu ever since I purchased BookMacster in 2012 (even as recently as January 2015), but the option suddenly became grayed-out.  I'm curious to find out what you discover!  Thank you again.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Thank you, berkeley.  It's amazing how effectively screencasts and screenshots can turn a "Huh?" into an "Aha!"

If what you say is true, I'd say it's a bug in BookMacster.  It has just been entered into the bug tracker.  I'll reply with an answer after we've investigated.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

berkeley
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Wow, Jerry, thank you, that worked! When I click on Selection, the "Add New Soft Folder" is still grayed-out (see image), but I was able to add a soft folder by using the method you showed me on the screencast. (Do you know why my former method doesn't work any more?) Thank you again!!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2015 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Hello, berkeley.

I don't know.  I checked our source code and can't find any condition which would disable that menu item.  Even if you have selected nothing, which means that you are in Root, and the Structure is set to not allow soft folders at root, it still creates one in the default alternate location.  Please watch this 8-second screencast and verify that I'm understanding you correctly:

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

berkeley
Can't add new soft folder
Feb 22nd, 2015 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
I've always been able to add new soft folders, but today I suddenly can't.  It appears grayed-out on the Selections menu choice.  I'm using BookMacster version 1.22.34 on Mac OS X version 10.8.5.  I tried using an older version of BookMacster, too, and it didn't work.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thank you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint