Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) List of bookmarks not complete (Read 13099 times)
Spaceman
Re: List of bookmarks not complete
Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 4:43am
Print Post  
You beat me to it.  Wink

I was just going to post to let you know that I  figured out how to do separators.   Roll Eyes

Spaceman

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Spaceman wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 4:26am:
Version 1.3.5 does in fact fix most of the issues with separator import. There is still one issue. I have attached a screen shot of my top level bookmarks in URLM (with all folders closed). Please notice the separator below 'Drop Basket'. When imported into version 1.3.5, this one separator shows up as the word 'Separator'.  All other (lower level) separators are correctly displayed as lines.
I think I know the problem there.  I'll fix it for the next version.

Spaceman wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 4:26am:
Also, is there a way to introduce separators while in BookMacster lists?
Yes.  Click the square "+" button near the upper-right corner of the Bookmarkshelf window, below the toolbar.  Then select "Separator".

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Jerry,

I installed version 1.3.5 and then went back and re-imported my URLM bookmarks. Version 1.3.5 does in fact fix most of the issues with separator import. There is still one issue. I have attached a screen shot of my top level bookmarks in URLM (with all folders closed). Please notice the separator below 'Drop Basket'. When imported into version 1.3.5, this one separator shows up as the word 'Separator'. All other (lower level) separators are correctly displayed as lines.

Also, is there a way to introduce separators while in BookMacster lists?

Spaceman

URLM.png ( 32 KB | 333 Downloads )
URLM.png

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 2:59am
Print Post  
We just uploaded BookMacster version 1.3.5 on the beta channel.  It has this bug (and others) fixed.

To get it, launch BookMacster.  If not presented with a dialog immediately, click in the menu BookMacster > Preferences > Updates, and check the box labelled "Beta (Early Adopter)".  Close the window and click in the menu BookMacster > Check for Update.

Thanks again to Spaceman for reporting the issue.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Spaceman,

From your logs I see that an exception is raised when drawing that menu, and I am able to reproduce the problem exactly by exporting a separator from URL Manager Pro.  It looks like there is something funny about separators exported from URL Manager Pro, or maybe BookMacster is not importing them correctly.

Anyhow, we have a beta version that is almost ready to ship.  This separator issue looks like it will be easy to fix.  We'll put the fix into the beta version.

Thanks again for the report.

Will be back tomorrow!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Spaceman,

This message is actually from Jerry.  Sorry I accidentally deleted your text.  I hit "Modify" instead of "Reply".  But I got the idea.  Summary of my reply: It works differently for me.  Will test with your later after I get off of another mission, later today.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2010 at 6:12pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Menus.pdf ( 112 KB | 348 Downloads )

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Yes, we need to make the setup a little more straightforward for users who are in the URL Manager Pro style, with the status menulet.  I've gotten alot of good ideas since I decided to start using BookMacster myself that way a couple weeks ago Wink

Anyhow, I see your data there and will try to reproduce the problem today.  Thank you.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Jerry,

I forgot to answer your question about the previous screen shot. Yes, that is what I see when I click on the Status Menulet.

Also, I was able to figure out how to create a new bookmark. I did not understand that the 'BookMacsterize' item had to be exported back to the browser. I was seeing it in the Status Menulet and thought that was where it should be selected.

By the way, since I imported from URLM and not a browser, I did not have a 'Menubar' folder in which to put the 'BookMacsterize' item. I did figure out how to generate one in the settings though.

Regards,

Spaceman

IP Logged

Spaceman
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Jerry,

Here you go. I don't think I mentioned that if I go to the BookMacster 'Content' window, all of my bookmarks appear. It is just the menu item that does not show them.

Also, I am unable to create new bookmarks. I have created a 'BookMacsterize' item but selecting it while being in a web page does not do anything. I tried changing my 'New Bookmark Landing' location but that does not help.

Regards,

Spaceman

I'm new to this so it may be something simple.

BookMacster_Trouble_004.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Spaceman wrote on Nov 30th, 2010 at 3:50am:
Any idea why this is happening?
No, I've never seen anything like that before.  Just to be clear, that screenshot you took is part of the menu you get when you click the BookMacster status menulet which appears in the right side of your menubar.  Am I correct?

This is probably something we could reproduce and fix, and the easiest way is if you could please launch BookMacster and in the Help menu click Trouble Zipper.  Let me know if that's not desirable.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
List of bookmarks not complete
Nov 30th, 2010 at 3:50am
Print Post  
I am trying out BookMacster to replace URLM. I exported my URLM bookmarks and did an import into BookMacster. The problem is that in the menu item, it does not show all of the bookmarks. I looked at my exported xbel file and all of my bookmarks appear to be there, however they don't all show up in the BookMacster menu item. There is a lot of white space where the additional book marks should be. See image.

Any idea why this is happening?

Spaceman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint