Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shortcut keys? (Read 4996 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Shortcut keys?
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
We figured out how to do it.  Mouse-haters will really like the next version of BookMacster (which will be either 1.7.4 or 1.8).

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 6:10am
Print Post  
We'll do something like this in the next version of BookMacster.

At least, it looks like we can add a bookmark to your New Bookmark Landing. 

I'd also like to have an option to bring the Status Menulet into keyboard focus, so that users could then navigate through the entire menu using the arrow keys.   Apple seems to have made that very difficult for some reason, and although the outlook is dismal, we haven't given up hope yet.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
gravytop wrote on Oct 9th, 2011 at 6:47pm:
Is there no configurable keyboard shortcut to add a bookmark to the shelf from within your browser?   it looks like I have to go to a menu or the dock to add a bookmark.
No, there's not.  Several weeks ago I reported a bug to Apple, complaining that the F8 "Activate status menu" only circulates through the Apple status menu items.  But of course they may never fix that, and I agree with you - we should have a global keyboard shortcut.  I'll look into it and reply back here, maybe later today.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

gtap
Ex Member
Shortcut keys?
Oct 9th, 2011 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Just discovered BM, and I'm intrigued, and likely to buy. But I need to figure out a few things first...

Is there no configurable keyboard shortcut to add a bookmark to the shelf from within your browser? Reading help and just poking around in the application, and so far it looks like I have to go to a menu or the dock to add a bookmark. Are those my only options? (Not including bookmarklets... I'm looking for keyboard options...)

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint