Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Where has the Inspector's "Move" link gone? (Read 5389 times)
sheepcore
Re: Where has the Inspector's "Move" link gone?
Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Thanks Jerry, will keep my eyes open for repro steps  Shocked

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Thank you for the follow-ups, sheepcore.

I'm fairly sure that the Error 834003 Says macOS: Launched our URL handler.  But it is not running Sad, which has been reported to us by several users, and I have seen happen myself a few times, is a different issue (which by the eway is fixed in the upcoming version 2.11.2 of our apps).

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sheepcore
Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Just dropping ... Bookmacster starts a new session with prompt:
"Says macOS: Launched our URL handler.  But it is not running Sad"

Yet bookmarks are being added as used to. Perhaps a hint for the behavior described before?

IP Logged

sheepcore
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2021 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Well, still without repro steps ... but the very same browser session just showed another 'inspector' without 'Move' ... beforehand and afterwards rendering it as expected ...  Angry

IP Logged

sheepcore
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2021 at 10:26am
Print Post  
With Chrome and Bookmacster open and in the background ... the repro steps - "reproduzierbare Schritte" as we call them up here - for me are as follows

1. single-click the plugin's button - nothing happens
2. option-single-click the plugin's button - the confirmation sound is played, the bookmark is added
3. double-click the plugin's button - the sound is played and about two seconds later, slow to me, the inspector appears ...
4. ... the inspector did not shot the "Move" link.

... while I could repro the issue 100% yesterday when I reported it, it does no longer show today. Chrome and Bookmacster have not been closed, no caches explicitely emptied etc.

What changed though is Chrome being reduced to a single window with only about two dozen tabs open whereas I had a couple of windows with a few dozen tabs open on each and which I closed meanwhile.

The inspector shows with "Move" for existing and new URLs. Is there any known conditions "Move" does not show for? Which are they?

Thank you

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2021 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Hello, sheepcore.

I just tested this and it works fast for me, and the "Move" hyperlink is there at the end of the lineage, provided that you have an item selected.  If that does not explain the issue, give me some more background information about what you are doing, and what you do to make the Inspector appear – the steps to reproduce the problem, as we call it here.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sheepcore
Where has the Inspector's "Move" link gone?
Jan 30th, 2021 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Within Mac OS 11.1, using BookMacster 2.11.1 and Chrome 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (x86_64), browser extensions all up to date and showing 'ok', the inspector is very slow to open ... and when it does the link to 'Move' the current item is no longer available.

Where has it gone and how to reactivate it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint