Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Safari Reading list not syncing (Read 4425 times)
Blackbart
Re: Safari Reading list not syncing
Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2021 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Thank you

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2021 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Yes, everything looked fine in the syncing status report, except it indicated that the syncing agent, BkmxAgent, which is the thing that does syncing in the background when Synkmark is quit, had just launched 4 minutes ago.  Synkmark checks several things when it launches and tries to fix any issues it finds.  So maybe it found something moved or whatever and fixed itself.  Or maybe syncing was indeed switched off.

Tell us id you have any more trouble.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Blackbart
Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2021 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I hope i am not speaking to soon but it appears to be working now! Im not why? the only obvious thing i did was to lt it through the firewall not sure if that would make a difference?

ANyway. Lets hope!

Thanks

IP Logged

Blackbart
Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2021 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Thanks a lot. Yes definitely not syncing in background at all. Ill send that email. Can I just check that synkmark is compatible with Monterey?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2021 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Hello, Blackbart.

Well, I'm going to presume that nothing is syncing at all, at least not in the direction from Safari to Chrome.  The first thing I'd wonder … is syncing still switched ON.  There are ten more things you should check by clicking and reading our Top Reasons for Syncing Trouble.

If none of that resolves the issue,

• Run Synkmark.
• Click in the menu: Synkmark > Syncing Status Report.  A window will appear.
• Click the button Copy to Clipboard
• Paste the clipboard contents into a email to us.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Blackbart
Safari Reading list not syncing
Dec 30th, 2021 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Hello

Ive been experiencing problems with synkmark which I attributed to this Full disk access malarky. I now realise some bookmarks are syncing but not others. Crucially safari reading list items used to sync into synkmark and appear in chrome "other bookmarks" as it doesn't have a reading list. Excellent. The only way I get synkmark to load and export the reading list is by a manual inport an a push out again. It's not longer happening in the background. Any ideas why? THANK YOU

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint