Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Version 3 now available, but Error 208346 etc. (Read 10251 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Version 3 now available, but Error 208346 etc.
Reply #26 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Please email us the crash report.  Unfortunately, Apple does not send those crash reports to developers.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

TastyTofu
Reply #25 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Sorry about that! I did send the crash log to Apple - I don't know if they eventually filter their way back to you. I also kept a copy of the full crash log - I can email that to you if it would be helpful. The cause was:

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[__NSDictionaryM setObject:forKey:]: key cannot be nil'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #24 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Thank you for the follow-up.

I hate when people tell me that reinstalling the app fixed all of the problems, because it does nothing to help prevent future problems, but OH WELL.  I keep striving for a perfect world.  I guess it's not going to happen.  If things are working, it's not bad.  Sucking it up Smiley

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

TastyTofu
Reply #23 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Thanks Jerry. Version 3.0.3 now working well on both my Macs.

After upgrade to v3.0.3 on my desktop (Big Sur) BookMacster was crashing on startup, but after removing all traces of the app with AppCleaner and doing a clean re-install it's now working perfectly.

I really appreciate your quick response to these teething problems - very impressive support and an excellent app. Thank you!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #22 - Sep 19th, 2022 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Thank you.  This issue is now fixed in version 3.0.3.  [More info…].

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

TastyTofu
Reply #21 - Sep 18th, 2022 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Thanks For all your help.

In an effort to eliminate DropBox from the equation I created a new empty collection on my laptop, stored locally in the Documents folder, imported my set of bookmarks to it from a browser, then enabled syncing (after removing sync from the DropBox collection). Unfortunately I still have the same 2 problems - all bookmarks are always re-written and Chrome gets multiple duplicates. The sync result says 4284 items deleted from Chrome and 3518 written to it (the correct number, I think). But I still end up with duplicates. On the next sync it tells me it needs to delete 4278 items. BTW Chrome is not signed into a Google account.

I don't know if this helps you at all!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2022 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
What you are describing I call churn, more particularly in this case total churn.  It does not do it for me, but another user reported this yesterday, so I shall do more testing to try and reproduce it.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

TastyTofu
Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2022 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Version 3.0.2:

Collection now opens automatically when opening BookMacster - thanks!

Every sync still deletes every single bookmark in each browser and then re-writes them all again (in Safari, Chrome and Firefox). Which means that a change to the collection on one Mac triggers my other Mac to try and sync the change, which flags a sync failure because it exceeds my safe limit.

On my desktop Mac (Big Sur/Intel) Safari, Chrome and Firefox do all get the right set of bookmarks after a sync.
On my laptop (Monterey/M1 Pro) Safari and Firefox get the right set of bookmarks, Chrome gets the full set plus random duplicate folders still. I have tried a "Reset and Start Over" with BookMacster, but no difference.

IP Logged

TastyTofu
Reply #18 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Thanks Jerry. Some extra info about my second problem, if it helps:
I went into Chrome and deleted all bookmarks manually. I then did an export to Chrome from BookMacster. That resulted in the correct set of bookmarks and folders in Chrome. However, on a second sync to Chrome the additional random folders reappeared.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #17 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 3:16am
Print Post  
TastyTofu wrote on Sep 15th, 2022 at 8:57am:
I now have syncing to Firefox and Chrome operational (I had to uninstall and re-install the Firefox plugin). I had to do a lot of fiddling to get notifications working - BkmxNotifier-B didn't appear in Notification Centre settings, although A was there.

The advantage of macOS Notification Center, compared to the old methods, is that apps no longer plop a box in the middle of your screen whenever they feel like it.  The disadvantage is that it requires a lot of fiddling.  I read that you are past that now.

TastyTofu wrote on Sep 15th, 2022 at 8:57am:
1. I have my collection set to automatically open when I start BookMacster. However, instead I get error 523499 when I start the app. The collection doesn't open and I have to manually open it and set up syncing again. The collection is stored in a folder on DropBox. This was working fine in version 3.0.
[Edit]: Also reported here: https://sheepsystems.com/discuss/YaBB.pl?num=1663201675

Yes, from another user's report I think this is something we may need to fix in a future version 3.0.2.  Probably a day or two.  The syncing issues you reported may or may not be related to this.  We shall fix the first thing first.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Richard
Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the quick fix.

IP Logged

TastyTofu
Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Thanks very much for the hard work Jerry. I appreciate this is still a beta and there will be a few problems to iron out.

I now have syncing to Firefox and Chrome operational (I had to uninstall and re-install the Firefox plugin). I had to do a lot of fiddling to get notifications working - BkmxNotifier-B didn't appear in Notification Centre settings, although A was there. After giving BkmxAgent full disk access and a full reboot it finally appeared.

However I now have two problems:

1. I have my collection set to automatically open when I start BookMacster. However, instead I get error 523499 when I start the app. The collection doesn't open and I have to manually open it and set up syncing again. The collection is stored in a folder on DropBox. This was working fine in version 3.0.
[Edit]: Also reported here: https://sheepsystems.com/discuss/YaBB.pl?num=1663201675

2. When BookMacster does a sync is deletes all bookmarks in each browser and re-writes the entire collection (maybe a result of the issue above?). This works OK in Safari and Firefox. But in Chrome it writes the full set of bookmarks but then adds a random selection of duplicate folders to the top level - I have all my bookmarks in the Bookmarks Bar, so I get the normal set of folders and then about 30 additional folders randomly picked from my collection. Each time I do a sync the set of additional duplicates changes - it seems totally random which ones get added.

NOTE: it might be worth adding a warning for users who, like me, sync bookmarks across multiple computers via a cloud service, to avoid the collection file (and backup) being corrupted during the upgrade of the file storage format. Is DropBox still a good choice for this?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Make sure you've relaunched the browser too, so it reloads the new Native Messaging tool from BookMacster 3.0.1.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FW
Reply #13 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Unfortunately version 3.01 does not fix Error 145725, that persists after repeated attempts to uninstall and reinstall the chrome extension on my MAC -latest chrome version and OSX 12.6.
Advise?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2022 at 6:23am
Print Post  
BookMacster 3.0.1 and Synkmark 3.0.1 were published within the last hour.  Smarky will be up in a few minutes.

To get the update, please launch your app and click in the main menu under the app name Check for Update.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint