Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) "Operation Cannot Be Completed" Error Message (Read 4888 times)
MrX
Re: "Operation Cannot Be Completed" Error Message
Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
D'OH!  Today I reread your last email and I realized that I needed to revisit this forum to see your reply. . .

I always add bookmarks using the BookMacster icon in the Finder Menu Bar. Ironically, twice when I returned to this website nothing happened when I clicked the icon.  The first time, I restarted my Mac.  The second time, I restarted Brave.

Now when I click the icon everything is greyed-out except "Add. . ." and "Bookmarks."  Nothing else is accessible.  And there is no error window.

Perhaps this is another clue, perhaps not.  After I post this I'll try restarting Brave and then the Mac if I still haven't regained control.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2021 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Thank you for sending the data.  It confirms that you are not syncing.  Your logs contain a hundred or so errors indicating that something went wrong with AppleScript communication when talking to the Brave browser.  So, we're going to work on those.

I presume that you add bookmarks from Brave to BookMacster by either clicking BookMacster's Status Item (right side of the menu bar), or BookMacster's Dock menu, or BookMacster's global keyboard shortcut assuming you have assigned one, or the BookMacster Button extension assuming that you have installed it.  I just tried all of these methods with the latest versions of BookMacster and Brave, and all worked perfectly.  I tried the old BookMacsterize Bookmarklet, and although it did not reproduce any of the errors I see in your logs, it did not work.  I don't think anyone should be using the BookMacsterize Bookmarklet since the other, newer methods which I listed are much better.

I also tried to visit a bookmark in BookMacster in Brave, and that worked also.

So, please do this…

• Do whatever you do to make the error occur.
• When the error dialog appears, click the Contact Support button.  It has a icon of life preserver on it.
• In the email message which appears with the error information. tell me what you were wanting to happen, and wha you did prior to the error occurring.

Thank you!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2021 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Hello again, MrX

MrX wrote on Dec 20th, 2021 at 8:42pm:
I don't recall ever enabling syncing and "Stop All Syncing Now (Nothing To Stop)" is greyed-out.
If you are not syncing, then BookMacster cannot do anything while it is quit.  There must be some action that you manually do in BookMacster which causes this warning to appear?  Correct?  What action is that?

To circumvent more questions, maybe you should send us your BookMacster logs and other data. 

• Run BookMacster.
• Click in the menu: Help ▸ Trouble Zipper.
• For Question X (Extra Extension Tests), answer "No"
• For Question B (Bookmarks and Documents), you can answer "Don't Include Bookmarks and Documents", since there is no reason to believe that this has anything to do with your bookmarks content.
• In the "Please explain..." section, leave it blank unless you have more information to tell.
• Send me the resulting .zip via MailDrop, Dropbox or whatever, as instructed.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2021 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
OK. . .  I went through the instructions.  I don't recall ever enabling syncing and "Stop All Syncing Now (Nothing To Stop)" is greyed-out. 

My default web browser is Brave.  I switched from Safari when v. 13 was released and extensions were no longer an option.  (I installed the most recent Safari version a few days ago but I haven't gotten around to doing anything with it.)

Is there something I missed or do I need a Plan B?  BookMacster has been acting up today, requiring a system restart to (temporarily) set things right. . .

Thanx for the info about posting images.  I do not have an online image repository, so I'll just have to muddle through like we did when the Internet was text-only.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2021 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Hello, MrX.

The issue is most likely this Welcome to Big Sur from Apple Security Team.  Let us know if the "fix" procedures linked to in that page do not resolve the problem.

Also, our forum doesn't host images. When using the Insert Image feature, you must paste in the URL to a photo which has been uploaded to a photo/image sharing site of some kind.  It's kind of a pain.  If you get an error message from one of our apps, click the life preserver icon on the left side of the error dialog.  It will generate an email message to us containing some data, probably not 1000 words but in this case, the picture is not worth 1000 words  Smiley

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
"Operation Cannot Be Completed" Error Message
Dec 11th, 2021 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
I have had this issue for quite some time now. . .  It happens intermittently and I usually address it by restarting Bookmacster and/or my default web browser Brave.  But today when it came up the fixes aren't immediately working although it will probably be resolved sooner than later.

I recently upgraded from Mojave to Big Sur and I using the latest Bookmacster version.  I hoped that the issue would be resolved with the updates but no such luck.

I have a screenshot of the error message window but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to insert the image after reading the instructions. . .

So what is causing this issue and how do I (hopefully) fix it permanently?

OS 11.6
Bookmacster 2.12.4
Brave 1.32.115

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint